Frontenac Zone of the Canadian Ski Patrol
Ski Patrol Services at Batawa Ski Hill are proudly provided by volunteers from Frontenac Zone of the Canadian Ski Patrol (CSP). The CSP provides patrollers who are Advanced First Aid & On Snow Rescue qualified to National CSP Standards. Patrollers are trained and re-certified annually.
Frontenac Zone is an award winning Zone within the Canadian Ski Patrol. 2013 was the 40th anniversary of the Zone and last year the awards won were:
- 2013 Ontario Division Public Relations Award ““ Batawa Ski Patrol
- 2013 Ontario Division Doug Wilson Award for Administration
- 2013 Ontario Division Appreciation Award ““ Ron Arbuthnot
- 2013 National Zone Development Award
- 2013 National Appreciation Award ““ Andrew Larcombe
Frontenac Zone is also proud to have the Chairman of the Board of the Canadian Ski Patrol and Life Member of the CSP ““ Albert Knott as a member of Batawa Ski Patrol Batawa Ski Hill in conjunction with the Canadian Ski Patrol are looking for recruits to join the Canadian Ski Patrol at Batawa Ski Hill for the 2014/15 Season. The CSP will be training interested parties in Advanced First Aid and On Snow Rescue techniques which will include riding ability check, accident site management and toboggan handling. Training starts after Labour Day Weekend. We will also taking bookings for a Winter course starting January 2015.
Experience is preferred but not required; and even improve your skiing and snowboarding skills. Volunteers receive complimentary lift tickets when patrolling and are eligible for Batawa Ski Hill Volunteer “perks” with a commitment of 15 or more shifts averaged to one shift per week (day or night) between December and March. Should be an intermediate level skier or snowboarder and enjoy the outdoors.
Why join the Canadian Ski Patrol team at Batawa?
Meet new friends and enjoy the great sport of skiing and snowboarding all winter long. Be a part of a great team, enjoy the fun of working at a ski area. Get a free Full Seasons Pass valued at over $500 and discounted passes for your immediate family when you meet the minimum requirements. Participate in Batawa Ski Hill fun and active employee and guest events. Support one of Quintes’ most exciting winter attractions in a community based, family focused Not for Profit Organization.
What do you need?
- 16 years of age or older (16 & 17 year olds need parental, Batawa Ski Hill , Zone President and Ontario Division approval)
- Knowledge of first aid, or the ability to learn.
- Intermediate level skier or snowboarder.
- Friendly personality and the desire to be a part of a team.
Follow us on Twitter @FZSkiPatrol