Batawa Ski Hill Chalet Renovations
Over the course of the spring of 2018, the Chalet at Batawa Ski Hill will receive an exciting renovation that will allow the building to better serve you and our community now and well into the future.
The renovation project, approved for federal funding of up to $300,000 through the Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program (CIP150), will see the current recreational facility receive a number of upgrades and improvements that include:
- Upgrades to the existing washrooms
- New, accessible entrances to the building
- A full renovation of the kitchen facilities, allowing it to be used by more people throughout the year
- New heating and air conditioning systems
- A number of environmentally friendly improvements to the building that will enable more sustainable operations in the future.
The goal of the project is to create a building that will allow Batawa Ski Hill the opportunity to grow into a regional hub for outdoor activity throughout the year.
Through the CIP150 Program, new trails have been created and existing ones have been improved for a variety of recreational uses including walking, hiking and mountain biking. A new pump track has also been created near the recreational facility that aims to attract cycling enthusiasts of all ages in the region.